The health and well-being for our clients, staff and patients are of the utmost importance to PVVC.
As our community strives to keep ahead of COVID-19, we have responded with heightened protocols for delivery of essential veterinary care.
At this time, veterinary clinics are still allowed to provide essential care to pets. For any need your pet may have, please call us to discuss the best possible option. We have implemented carefully organized procedures to minimize risk to clients and staff and conserve the use of limited available PPE (personal protective equipment). We are complying with the recommendations of federal and state officials along with the Kentucky Board of Veterinary Examiners who has given us specific guidelines to follow during this crisis.
Please note our updated Client Protocol:
- When arriving, please call our front staff 502-241-8834 to alert your arrival
- PLEASE WAIT IN YOUR VEHICLE AND OUR STAFF WILL INSTRUCT YOU FOR YOUR SAFETY AND YOUR PET’S SAFETY. Please do not wait at the clinic door.
- If picking up medication or food, our staff will take payment over the phone and then bring the item(s) to your car.
- If bringing pet for examination, a staff member will discuss the history and presenting issue with you by phone. The staff will then instruct the best way for your pet to enter the clinic. All pets must either be on a leash or in a carrier.
- The doctors will perform a thorough examination and will then call you to discuss the pet’s concerns, diagnostic needs and treatment plans.
As much as possible, our clinic will practice social distance recommendations within the hospital between staff as well as continue rigorous hygiene practices.
PLEASE NOTE : IF THE OWNER OR A MEMBER OF THE HOUSEHOLD IS CURRENTLY POSITIVE FOR COVID-19, IN SELF-ISOLATION FROM POTENTIAL EXPOSURE OR TRAVEL, OR SHOWING SYMPTOMS COMPATIBLE WITH COVID-19 INFECTION, IT IS IMPERATIVE YOU INFORM THE CLINIC. WE WILL STILL PROVIDE ESSENTIAL CARE TO YOUR PET BUT WITH INCREASED PRECAUTIONS TO PREVENT EXPOSURE.
Finally, we ask for your patience and understanding in these challenging times. We have always prided ourselves on developing personal connections with our clients and these restrictions test what we do naturally. We want everyone, above all else, to keep safe and healthy, both physically and mentally.